How we collect information about you and your company
In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- From applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative;
- From your transactions with, or from the services performed by, us, our affiliates, or others;
- From our Internet Web sites;
- From the public records maintained by governmental entities that we either obtain directly from those entities, or from our affiliates or others; and
- From consumer or other reporting agencies
When you visit the Veri‐Tax website or use the Veri‐Tax Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including but not limited to identifier, name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account or use the Veri‐Tax Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Company information including company name, address, phone, email, DBA, website URL, legal form of business and business type
- Contact information including contact name, title, phone, email, fax, technical contact name, phone, email and fax
- Purpose for which information is requested services. Our contracts dictate that these service
- Billing information including billing contact, title, phone, email, and in the event that you wish to pay via credit card, name on credit card, company name on credit card, credit card type, issuing bank, credit card number, expiration date, CVC number, billing address, billing phone number and fax number related to the card that you link to your Veri‐Tax account or give us when you use the Veri‐ Tax Services.
When you use the Veri‐Tax Services, we collect information about your orders and your other activities on our website, application or when using the Veri‐Tax Services and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes. In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your Personal Information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with our website, application or the Veri‐Tax Services. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity that may affect the availability of the Veri‐Tax Services. Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways such as contacts with our Customer Happiness team or results when you respond to a survey and from interactions with members of Veri‐Tax corporate family.
How we use the Personal Information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide the Veri‐Tax Services and customer support you request
- process transactions and send notices to you about your transactions
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems relating to your use of Veri‐Tax Services
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Service Agreement
- customize, measure, and improve the Veri‐Tax Services and the content and layout of our website and applications
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
We don’t sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it [on a non‐personally identifiable basis] to improve and personalize the Veri‐Tax Services, content and advertising.
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with fulfillment of customer orders and/or parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing and technology providers may not disclose your Personal Information to any third parties and that they may only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having Veri‐Tax close your Veri‐ Tax Account due to your breach of the Veri‐Tax Service Agreement).
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, or when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our Service Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Security & protection of your data
We take great care to safeguard all information that is transmitted to us and stored by us on our computers, servers, and databases. This protection includes the use of network intrusion prevention and detection technology, as well as other industry accepted security practices. We protect the physical location of our systems through the use of access control and monitoring technologies. We take extensive measures to limit the risk of damage or loss of any data due to hazards like fire, water damage, power loss, etc.
How you can access or change your Personal Information
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Enforcing security measures.
- Detecting unusual and suspicious activities.
- Helping to diagnose and correct errors in our code to ensure that our products are operating efficiently.
What types of cookies do we use?
Our website only uses the following types of cookies:
- Security – Protect our user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, website, and products.
- Authentication and status – Identify you when you visit, sign in, and/or navigate our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies but some of our website features may not function correctly as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by writing to us at Veri‐ Tax, 30 Executive Park, Suite 200, Irvine, California 92614.